Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania, originally incorporated in 1964, is a non-profit social service organization dedicated to the development and advancement of children and adults with physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
Throughout the past 50 years, Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania has provided quality and innovative programs and services for individuals and their families. The services are licensed through various government agencies such as the Pennsylvania Departments of Human Services, Health, Aging & Education. Currently, we serve over 1300 families throughout the Southwestern Pennsylvania region. As we move toward the future, Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania strives to be a proactive organization continuing to address the changing needs of our diverse community.
Pathways is recognized by Washington County and the Board of Commissioners for distinguished service and for providing intervention, care, and compassion to residents of all ages, whose commitment enables individuals with disabilities to reach new goals and believe in their abilities.
Pathways provides lifelong services to persons of all abilities through dedication and collaboration, empowering them to reach their full potential.
We at Pathways believe that people with disabilities:
- Have a right, as do all people, to make their own choices and decisions and, thus, control their own lives
- Have a need for personal, close relationships and friendships that are mutual and freely given
- Are capable of continued growth and development
- Will have the opportunity to participate in the organization’s direction and growth
- Will be included in the process of evaluating the services provided by the organization.