Agency With Choice
- Pathways AWC provides support
in your home and community
- Pathways AWC participants determine what, how, when services are provided
- Pathways AWC participants recruit & manage their own staff with support from Pathways
- Pathways AWC services are self-directed which leads to greater choice and control
What Exactly Is Agency With Choice?
Agency With Choice is a service delivery option in which individuals with intellectual disabilities (ages three and up) and/or their representatives self-direct their services leading to greater choice and control over where, when and how support services are delivered. As a managing employer the individual/representative assumes additional responsibility while the Agency With Choice assists in reducing the administrative employer-related burden and to a limited extent, worker issues.
Companion Services Learn More
provided to individuals living in private homes for the limited purposes of providing supervision and assistance that is focused solely on the health and safety of the adult individual with an intellectual disability.
Respite Learn More
provided to supervise and support individuals living in private homes on a short-term basis due to the absence or need for relief of those persons normally providing care.
Home and Community Habilitation Learn More
assist individuals in acquiring, maintaining, and improving self-help, domestic, socialization, and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community-based settings. Services consist of support in the general areas of self-care, communication, fine and gross motor skills, mobility, personal adjustment, relationship development, socialization, and use of community resources.
Supported Employment Learn More
provided to individuals who, because of their disabilities, need additional support to perform in a work setting.
Supports Broker Learn More
designed to assist individuals or their designated surrogate with employer-related functions in order to be successful in self-directing some or all of the individuals needed services.
Homemaker/Chore Learn More
Homemaker services enable the individual or the family member(s) or friend(s) with whom the individual resides to maintain their primary private home. Chore services consist of services needed to maintain the home in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition.
- Learn About Agency With Choice’s Roles & Responsibilities
- Learn About the Individual Representative’s Roles & Responsibilities
Vendor Service Available
Includes but not limited to:
- Assistive Technology reimbursement
- Home Modification reimbursement
- Specialized Supplies reimbursement
- Vehicle Modifications reimbursement
- Transportation Reimbursement